Website Copper Queen Community Hospital
The Quality and Patient Safety Manager will ensure compliance with federal and state accreditation standards. The position will also oversee and participate in activities related to quality improvement and patient safety throughout the facility. It will also serve as the designated Risk Manager and Infection Control Coordinator.
1. Collaborates with hospital and physician leaders to develop and implement key strategic initiatives for quality improvement, patient safety and patient experience.
2. Works with organizational leaders to develop and continuously evaluate quality dashboards and performance metrics for all departments, programs and initiatives.
3. Oversees regulatory accreditation, continuous quality improvement initiatives, public reporting, and pay-for-performance programs.
4. Develops and provides oversight of the hospital’s infection control and risk management programs and activities.
5. Coordinates the hospital’s incident/occurrence reporting system and ensures appropriate follow-up on all events. Identifies trends and facilitates process improvement initiatives.
6. Leads root cause analyses and failure modes and effects analyses.
7. Investigates all patient and family complaints and grievances.
8. Organizes and staffs the board Quality / Performance Improvement Committee
9. Works with the Chief Medical Officer, Medical Staff Coordinator and Information Technology department to develop relevant and meaningful physician/provider performance reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Health related discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
Five (5) years in a quality, patient safety or risk management role, clinical background preferred
National certification in healthcare quality, risk management or infection control preferred