Website Copper Queen Community Hospital
Under the administrative direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and the Manager of Home Care Services, the Medical Social Worker is responsible for the following essential functions across the organization’s health care spectrum, including Acute/ER service, Swing Bed classification, Long Term Care, and Home Care Services.
1. Performing and documenting psycho-social assessments and providing counseling or supportive interventions to patients and families/caregivers.
2. Providing consultation as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team.
3. Coordinating patient’s discharge planning and continuity of care, utilizing professional relationships with, and knowledge of community agencies and resources.
4. Plans and helps to present educational programs for patients families, staff and community agencies.
5. Adheres to professional and ethical standards of the social work profession, establishing and accomplishing professional goals.
6. Participates in PI activities.
1. Prefer Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Must possess current state certification of social work preferred
2. Prefer one year experience in social work in a health care setting.
3. Requires good counseling ability sufficient to provide crisis intervention. Ability to communicate with medical staff, nurses and allied personnel.
4. Ability to speak to groups and provide leadership for support groups. CPR certified.
5. Requires a satisfactory interview, minimum of 2 documented reference checks, and completion of physical exam.
Frequently requires standing and walking. Good hearing is necessary to receive detailed information through oral communication. Visual acuity is needed to verify accuracy of written materials.