Website Copper Queen Community Hospital
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, assists with diverse accounting functions and finance related projects including general ledger accounting and analysis, preparation of budget schedules and rate package, audit schedules, information for Medicare and ARSNIC cost reports, tax returns, Uniform Accounting Report and statistics.
- Implements the established financial policies and procedures.
- Assists in cash forecasting and management so that operating and capital expenditures can be met. Prepares cash bank reconciliation and journal entries for all cash deposits, transfers and miscellaneous disbursements or service charges for the general accounts, payroll and tax accounts.
- Maintains detail accounting records for all fixed asset purchases and implements monthly depreciation journal entries.
- Prepares payroll related journal entries including benefit allocations, reversals of accrued wages and FICA, accrual of vacation amounts, vacation wages taken and other wage and FICA reclasses.
- Prepares a journal entry for Central Supply transfers.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with preparation of other monthly journal entries as designated, prepares statistical information, and assists with analysis and preparation of financial statements.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with the annual operating and capital budget process and preparation of Rate Packages.
- Assists with the preparation of schedules and information for external audits and reports, and related financial projects, tax returns, Uniform Accounting Reports with the State of Arizona, and Medicare and Medicaid (ARSNIC) Cost Reports.
- Assists with internal financial analysis as needed, particularly with the payroll and benefit related areas on a monthly basis and for special projects.
- Attends meetings and annual safety and other in-services as required.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in fields of expertise.
- Maintains item master.
- Maintains insurance contracts. Updates as necessary. Compares contract terms to payment.
- Works with Business Office on denials and contract management.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting.
- Several years of accounting experience required.
- Must possess strong accounting skills and the ability to maintain financial operational systems.
- Must have a broad knowledge of healthcare operating activities; healthcare accounting experience a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication ability
- Ability to work well with other employees and department managers.