1 pound “no cook” lasagna noodles
1 pound no-fat cottage cheese
¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 ounces chopped parsley
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 jar of low fat pasta sauce
3 ounces fresh basil leaves
Salt and Pepper
2 pounds of assorted vegetables cleaned, peeled (if necessary) and sliced thin (include zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, spinach or basically anything will work)
- Mix the cottage cheese, eggs, nutmeg, parsley and ⅛ cup parmesan cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- Gently steam all the veggies separately until they are tender but not mushy.
- When the veggies have cooled slightly put them together in another bowl.
- Sprinkle the veggies with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss.
- In a rectangular baking dish (sprayed with non-stick spray), starting with the red sauce, layer the lasagna as follows (using 1/3 of each ingredient at a time, for three thin layers)
o Cottage cheese mixture
o Red sauce
o Basil leaves.
- After the last layer, sprinkle the remaining ⅛ cup of parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes until slightly browned and bubbly.