Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
4 Acorn Squash (washed)
½ cup real maple syrup (from a tree)
3 tablespoons Smart Balance 0 trans fat butter spread
Salt and Pepper
- Using a heavy knife, carefully cut each squash in half first.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Then slice each half into 4 or 5 pieces cross ways.
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the coated squash on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stock spray, or use a piece of parchment paper if you have it.
- Roast in 325F oven for about 45 – 55 minutes, until browned slightly and tender.