Baked Chicken Quesadilla
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 4 ounces
1 cup chopped onions
½ cup smoky or hot salsa
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 flour tortillas, each 8 inches in diameter
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each chicken breast into cubes. In a large, nonstick frying pan, add the chicken and onions and sauté until the onions are tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the salsa, tomatoes and cilantro.
- To assemble, lay a tortilla flat and rub the outside edge with water. Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla, leaving about 1/2 inch free around the outer rim. Sprinkle with a spoonful of shredded cheese. Fold tortilla in half and seal. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Lightly coat the top of the tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake until the quesadillas are lightly browned and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Cut in half and serve immediately.