Autumn Pear and Pumpkin Bisque
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 carrot chopped
3 cups chicken stock
1 16 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 cup heavy cream
1 ½ pear nectar or cider
1 finger fresh ginger minced
Salt and pepper
- In heavy pot, sauté the carrot and onion in oil until tender.
- Add the stock and ginger, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor and process until smooth or use a stick blender and puree right in the pot (much better).
- Return mixture to pot and add the pumpkin and pear juice, cook until very hot.
- Take soup off of the heat and stir in the cream, adjust salt and pepper.