Performs the perioperative nursing process through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The perioperative nursing care is rendered in support of the medical care given by the Surgery and Anesthesia staff, pursuant with the goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and the department. The patient care population is primarily, but not limited to, adult and geriatric population.
- Utilizing professional nursing skills provides direct patient care in accordance with Hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents and maintains accurate and complete data on patient’s record and reports pertinent observations to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe environment in accordance with appropriate safety manuals.
- Applies basic teaching/learning concepts to patient and family education.
- Provides life support.
- Respects the dignity and confidentiality of patients, serving as an advocate when necessary.
- Cooperates as a member of the nursing unit, department, and overall hospital team.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Delegates and/or supervises aspects of care to team members and reviews on completion.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and nursing students, assuming preceptor role when requested.
- Supervises surgical technicians and ancillary personnel working in department.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the state of Arizona.
- Previous operating room experience, and/or additional education in operating room nursing.
- Able to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Possess effective professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate activities of others in the delivery of perioperative nursing care.
- CPR, ACLS and PALS certified, or actively seeking certification.