We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced gynecologist to diagnose and treat patients’ gynecological conditions. The gynecologist’s responsibilities include performing breast and pelvic examinations, major and minor gynecologic surgeries, and identifying malignant tumors within the female reproductive system. You should be very comfortable addressing symptoms of menopause and perimenopause.
To be successful as a gynecologist, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in gynecology and use the best available treatments on patients. Ultimately, an exceptional gynecologist should be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that doctor-patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Performing annual and regular examinations on patients to diagnose various gynecological conditions.
- Recording and updating patients’ medical histories.
- Advising patients on suitable birth control options.
- Performing various diagnostic tests on patients, which include Pap smears, STD tests, hormone profile blood tests, colposcopies, and endometrial biopsies.
- Explaining test results, diagnoses, and treatment options to patients.
- Performing surgeries and gynecological procedures on patients, such as hysterectomies, dilation and curettages, pelvic laparoscopies, and sterilizations.
- Referring patients to other healthcare specialists as needed.
- Educating patients on reproductive health issues and disease prevention.
- Doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) degree.
- Arizona state license to practice medicine.
- Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology or Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Proven experience working as a gynecologist.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
Advantages of this position:
- No obstetrics
- No emergency room or night call
- Very collegial staff
- Built in referral base
Competency in performing these procedures in-office:
- Endometrial biopsy
- Nexplanon removal and insertion
- Hormone replacement therapy
- IUD insertion
- Familiarity with “Enhanced Recovery After Surgery” program
- Pessary fitting and management
Competency performing these OR procedures with only scrub tech assistance:
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy (oophorectomy, BTL, cystectomy)
- Urinary incontinence slings with cystoscopy
- Hysterectomy – abdominal, laparoscopic, vaginal
- Open myomectomy
- Endometrial ablation
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery – cystocele, rectocele, apex
- Cone biopsy and LEEP