The Copper Queen Community Hospital’s Women’s Auxiliary was founded in 1976 by “Boat” Clark, wife of H.D. Clark who worked for Phelps Dodge, to assist with special events, fund raisers, the hospital gift shop and special projects. The Auxiliary has grown to 15 members and these women put in more than 2200 volunteer hours in 2014.
You most often will find these ladies running the hospital gift shop that is located in the main hospital lobby. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Programs the auxiliary supports include:
- Annual $1000 scholarship to Cochise College healthcare students
- A $1000 donation to the Compassion Fund to make improvements to the CQCH Acute Wing
- Purchased wheelchairs for the CQCH Emergency Rooms
- Donated children’s play areas for all RHC’s along with both Emergency Departments.
- Masquerade Accessories sales
- Scrub sales
- $1000 donation to the CQCH 10th Annual Golf Tournament benefitting Community Wellness programs.
They also support a Christmas House in conjunction with the Bisbee Home Tour in November each year. All proceeds benefit the CQCH Development Fund and are used to purchase needed items for the hospital and its patients and to fund an annual health careers scholarship.
Interested community members are invited to join the hospital auxiliary, which meets on the second Monday of the month, at 9:30 a.m. in the hospital conference room. To receive a membership application, or find out more about joining the Auxiliary, contact the Auxiliary Vice President, Linda Halstead at 520-255-4785, or the Membership Chairman, Joyce Noble at 520-255-0416. Annual membership is $3 and lifetime membership is $25.