Following your stay or visit to Copper Queen Community Hospital you may receive a survey questionnaire from Press Ganey asking you to rate your experience. We encourage you to complete and return the survey as the information provided helps us to do our job better. You, our patient, come first at Copper Queen Community Hospital. Our hospital quality program is built on three pillars — Quality Care, Patient Satisfaction, and Employee Satisfaction. We are listening. Help us help you and future patients, and please let us know how Copper Queen Community Hospital can improve our quality of care.
Here are a few questions and answers about Press Ganey and the survey process:
- What is Press Ganey? Press Ganey is a healthcare improvement firm. They partner with healthcare organizations nationally to create and sustain high performance and improve the overall patient experience. This is the company Copper Queen Community Hospital has used for the past five years to provide a voice to our patients.
- What do they do? Press Ganey is responsible for sending and collecting all patient satisfaction surveys sent out by CQCH. If you have had any type of clinic or hospital visit including an overnight stay, lab, physical therapy, radiology, home health or Emergency Department visit, you will be randomly chosen and asked to complete a patient satisfaction survey. A pre-paid envelope is included to mail the survey back to Indiana where Press Ganey collates the data and reports back to us how we are performing.
- What does a survey look like? Please click on the links below to view a sample survey.
Patient Registration Packet English
Patient Registration Packet Spanish
- Why is my hospital/clinic survey returned to Indiana? Press Ganey is based out of Indiana and this is where the patient satisfaction surveys are mailed from and will be returned to.
- Is the survey information reported to outside agencies? Yes, CQCH voluntarily reports inpatient and home health data to Medicare.gov, which is the official U.S. government site for Medicare.The data reported is a national survey that reflects your experience during a recent hospital stay or home health visit. The data is called HCHAPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems). There are 10 areas in which the Hospital is measured. See how Copper Queen Community Hospital is doing here. There are 5 areas in which home health is measured. See how Copper Valley Home Health is doing here.
- Is it confidential? Yes. You may write your contact information at the end of the survey ONLY if you choose to do so. Press Ganey sends a selection of surveys back to us and if your name and phone number is at the bottom we may contact you about your experience.